IASECS awards annually 3 prizes and grants: The Pilar Sáenz Annual Student Essay Prize, The María Salgado Student Travel Grant, and ASECS Registration Fee Grants
Ibero-American Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies (IASECS)
The Pilar Sáenz Annual Student Essay Prize is awarded to the best essay dealing with eighteenth-century Spain, Portugal or Ibero-America. The prize is open to graduate students enrolled in a North American university. Advanced undergraduate work will be considered, provided it is accompanied by the recommendation of their professor.
- Submissions may treat any aspect of Iberian (Spanish, Portuguese, Catalan, etc.) or Latin American culture during the “long” eighteenth century, from approximately 1680 to 1830.
- Submissions may be based in any academic discipline (literature, history, art history, anthropology, etc.).
All entries must be received by February 15, 2022.
The IASECS Essay Prize Committee will announce the award at the ASECS annual meeting. The winner will receive:
(2) a two-year membership in the IASECS
The revised version of the essay will be considered for publication in Dieciocho.
Instructions for submission:
• Submissions must be 5,000- 6,000 words, double-spaced.
• Submissions must be submitted as a pdf or Word document (Word preferred)
• Submissions must be submitted by February 15, 2022 via email to Enid.Valle@kzoo.edu (use subject line “IASECS submission”).
The María Salgado Student Travel Grant: IASECS offers up to a maximum of $400 to graduate students from North American universities who will be presenting a paper focused on eighteenth-century Spain, Portugal, or Ibero-America, at the American Society for Eighteenth Century Studies (ASECS) national annual meeting.
To inquire about availability of funds contact: email@example.com. The funds will be granted and disbursed upon submission of receipts no later than two weeks after the national conference.
ASECS Registration Fee Grants (two awards per year). Grants are available for non-tenure-track full-time and part-time faculty (lecturers, instructor, adjuncts, etc.) colleagues. Those who have not received an award previously will be given preference. Funds for the fee grant registration grants are disbursed after presenting a paper focused on eighteenth-century Spain, Portugal, or Ibero-America, at the American Society for Eighteenth Century Studies (ASECS) national annual meeting.
For inquiries contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.