See message below from the Executive Director of the American Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies:
26 Sept. 2022
I know it’s a busy time of year, and it’s easy to forget a deadline, so let me remind you: the deadline for submissions to #ASECS2023 is just a week away: Monday, Oct. 3, 2022.
- If you have already submitted an abstract, thank you so much! Chairs will be reviewing submissions through the deadline, and you’ve helped them get started on that process.
- If you haven’t submitted an abstract yet, chairs are looking forward to seeing your abstracts and will consider all submissions through the deadline!
A couple reminders:
- Our conference is March 9-11, 2023, and will take place at the Hyatt Regency at the Arch in St. Louis. We’ll update our conference website with information as we have it in addition to sending out emails: ASECS Annual Meeting
- All applications must be submitted through our online system this year. You can find the link on our website and the list of available sessions: CfP ASECS 2023. You can upload your abstract there, or just copy/paste it in the text box. It’s very easy, and you can email the chairs if you have questions. (Email me if you have technical questions or needs!)
- You can apply to up to two sessions. Here are some guidelines:
- Make sure you note that you are submitting two separate applications, and that you note that you’re applying to two sessions – that will help us stay organized.
- You can only present one paper, so if you’re accepted to two panels, you and the chairs can work together to help you select the one you participate in.
- You may present one paper and sit on a roundtable (or any other non-panel sessions, like poster sessions and special sessions).
- Memberships are based on the fiscal year and not the calendar year (July 1-June 30). You can see how to renew your membership (or check the state of yours via your profile) on our membership page: ASECS Membership
- Our Twitter and Facebook accounts are increasingly active – thank you to everyone who follows us, reposts and shares our messages, tags us, and uses the hashtag #ASECS2023 to highlight our conference!
- I’ll be in St. Louis for a site visit Oct. 24-25, 2022. If you’re in that area, please send me an email and I’ll follow up with an invitation to get together with other colleagues.
- I’m always happy to answer questions and get feedback on the conference or any other part of the work we do, or just to chat. Send me an email, or suggest a time we can chat on the phone or via Zoom.
Distinti saluti –
Benita Blessing, PhD | Executive Director | firstname.lastname@example.org