Our Annual Business Meeting will take place during the ASECS conference in Baltimore, this Friday, April 1st from 1-2pm in Key 10. To request link for virtual attendance please request link below. We regret that at this time members in virtual attendance cannot vote or stand for election.
I. Elections: The following members have been nominated as 2023 officers. Nominations will also be accepted from the floor at the meeting.
- President: Elena Deanda, Washington College
- Vice President: Mehl Penrose, University of Maryland
- Executive Secretary/Treasurer: Elizabeth Lewis, University of Mary Washington (for a second, 3-Year Term)
- Member-at-Large: (3 years): Hazel Gold, Emory University
- Member at-Large: (2 years): Mariselle Meléndez, University of Illinois at Urbanna-Champaign, replacing Nick Wolters
- Member-at-Large: (1 year): Karissa Bushman, Quinnipiac University. (last year of elected term in 2023. We do not need to vote on Karissa).
- Betsy Lewis (Membership and Financial report)
- Enid Valle (Prizes and Grants)
- Cathy Jaffe (ASECS update)
III. Re-examination of IASECS Constitution: We’d like to propose forming a committee to examine our Constitution in light of the possibility of future hybrid or online meetings and any other adjustments that may be needed. The committee present a report (and motion if needed) at the next business meeting in St. Louis, 2023. We thought of proposing that the committee be the 5 members of the newly elected Executive Board, plus 5 more volunteers.
IV. Brainstorming for ASECS 2023, St. Louis.